[Coco] DECB and BACKUP

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Sep 1 01:50:58 EDT 2015

Hi Barry,
I have literally hundreds and maybe even thousands of old Coco disks in storage that I have not backed up yet.  I have the CocoSDC I can use for the backups, but I know you don't have the program ready yet.  What is a miniflash and how big is it?  I also have a SuperIDE controller from Cloud-9 as well and both are online on my Coco 3.  I'd like to test your Backup Programs as they become available.
The problem I have is many of the diskettes are 40 track DSDD or 80 track DSDD made with various versions of modified DECB roms like ADOS and CDOS.  I also have old OS-9 diskettes just as big.  What I would like to see is a program that will backup any diskette format to a dsk image file on to the CocoSDC with automatic dsk file management like creation and naming of the dsk image so all I need to do is type in the name of each disk before inserting the diskette into the disk drive.  Maybe a Drivewire 4 version can be made to function in a similar fashion as well.  How do these ideas for a backup program to function compare with your ideas for your backup programs you have written or will write soon?  Please consider me a tester.  Thank you in advance.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com