[Coco] Webpage Update - Hires Mouse

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Thu Oct 29 13:45:23 EDT 2015

Ok, as I understand it, the following is true…
The new hires mouse driver works with standard mice and joysticks. No special hardware is required.
The OS-9 mouse values are always scaled to the current screen resolution.
So…
Why not use the new driver by default instead of the current one to read the mouse/joystick, with an option to switch to the hardware hires driver that uses the cassette port, and just get rid of the old standard driver altogether? Since the output vales are scaled, existing programs would still receive the same expected range of values, just with greater precision.