[Coco] Disk Controllers for the Dragon...

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at ramoth.org.uk
Mon Oct 26 10:35:21 EDT 2015

On 26/10/2015 14:21, Barry Nelson wrote:
 >> Because I like using floppy disks, and can't be bothered with all
 >> the
 >
 >> work it takes to manage a CocoSDC. Managing floppies is much
 >> easier.
 >
> Huh? Say what? (Scratches head in bewilderment.) Ok, if you say so, I
> guess.

I have to say that this attitude is not unique, I ended up designing and
have just ordered a bunch of floppy disk boards for the Acorn Atom
because a friend of mine who exhibits at retro computer fairs wanted to
load from floppies rather than SD cards. Something to do with it
actually being more retro, because though the hardware is new, it was
something that was available back when the machine was current. I asked
on the Acorn forum and he certainly wasn't the only one interested.

On the other hand I'm still working on and off on DragonMMC :) :)

Cheers.

Phill.