[Coco] MShell Update

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 07:30:38 EDT 2015

I just uploaded an update to my MShell project. It's mainly just a bug fix. Someone had reported that a new install of MShell was crashing and in investigating the bug, I found a slight syntax error in some of the file handling operations. The error only occurred when a file didn't exist or there was not enough drive space so most would never have noticed it (I didn't).
I think I have it fixed now and MShell should work properly as a fresh install. A few more changes were made in how MShell starts, so startup should be slightly faster than before.
The new disk image can be downloaded here:

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/mshell---the-ultimate-os-9-gui

Or if you already have MShell installed, you can update MShell through the "Internet Updater" function within MShell (DriveWire4 and internet connection required). In MShell, just click "UTILS", Then "Update MShell" (or press "u" and "u" on keyboard) and follow the prompts.

Enjoy!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/