[Coco] My DE-1 project just took a leep forward!

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Fri Oct 23 23:09:55 EDT 2015

On 24/10/2015 11:32 AM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> Just my two cents: I learned more disassembling code written by other people than I did by simply looking at their source. There are no comments to help you along and you have to figure out exactly why they did what they did.  The guy that wrote those "Unravelled" books had to have learned more than we can imagine.  So maybe for the people who *really* want to learn Nick's way is better.

Lots or good and encouraging comments here.

Yes, I'm not a believer in feeding someone "the source code on a
platter". You learn by applying yourself, understanding the architecture
and developing a solution YOUR WAY.

It worked for me, and I'm no great assembly language programmer, really!
My skill is that I can work through the complete project, see the vision
behind the design and break the project into smaller do'able pieces.

The assembly language genius I look up to is John Kowalski... he's
absolutely freakish!!   :)

But most importantly, have fun!

And everyone else can support these people's efforts. It ends up making
a healthier and progressive hobby community.

Nick