[Coco] My DE-1 project just took a leep forward!

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:11:14 EDT 2015

I’m glad to see this response.  It’s true there’s no significant market for this
stuff, and if money were the motivation, we’d be better off putting our energy
pretty much anywhere else.

So of course the motivation is having fun, solving technical challenges that
you want to tackle, and ultimately sharing your projects with the group so that
perhaps a few other people can enjoy them too.

I love seeing any and all of these hardware and software projects going on,
it’s absolutely great for the group.  A sign of a healthy hobbyist atmosphere.

And it’s also true, maintaining motivation and interest in your project
is critical to ever completing it.  So everyone by all means pursue whatever
interests you.  If you change it too much from what interests you to accommodate
what other people are saying it should be, you may lose your motivation and never
finish it.  Not that input and discussion aren’t great and helpful, they are,
but it’s your project.

I’m looking forward to seeing both Popstar Pilot and Tim’s DE-1 CoCo when they’re ready!  :)

- Ed