[Coco] working with physical floppy drives under NitrOS-9 via DriveWire

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 11:31:16 EDT 2015

Chris... HDBDOS has NOTHING to do with OS9.
Once OS9 boots ALL RSDOS is lost (including hdbdos)... always has been. OS9 relies on it's own drivers and uses ALL of the 64k (including all rom memory)
Now with that being said, if you are using the Drivewire disks from the repository, you should have access to your normal drives in os9 as those disks come with /d0, /d1, & /d2 installed on the disk.
I think your problem is that you are running hdbdos from another cart & therefore changing the slot number from your disk controller... Personally, I would replace the rom in the disk controller with the hdbdos rom. hdbdos (all forms) is about 98% compatible with RSDOS and will access your drives fine from RSDOS. Read the hdbdos manual:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~mmarlette/Cloud-9/Support/index.html
But OS9... it has nothing to do with hdbdos (except to boot), and once it's running, you should have drive access.

try:
dir /d0
(with an OS9 disk in the drive)

Bill Pierce