[Coco] working with physical floppy drives under NitrOS-9 via DriveWire

Chris Oliver chris.w.oliver at me.com
Sun Oct 18 07:43:08 EDT 2015

All,

I leverage HDB-DOS (burned onto an eprom in slot 1 of the MPI) to DOS to the latest Coco1 NitrOS-9 disk image (that has been loaded into the Disk 0 slot in DriveWire).  Loads up great.  Can work with virtual drives (/X1, etc.) perfectly fine.

So — now I want to be able to access the physical floppies.  I have the orig 3029 Tandy controller, with a pair of the orig Tandy floppy drives.  Is there any way to run NitrOS-9 via DriveWire, and yet be able format and use physical floppies?  Would be great if I wasn’t restricted to virtual drives…

Very curious — let me know!

Chris