[Coco] Converting to NitrOS9

George Ramsower georgera at gvtc.com
Fri Oct 16 11:44:37 EDT 2015

  With the generous assistance from Barry Nelson, I'm making progress
converting to NitrOS9.

  For more years than I can count, I've been using the "Mostly" original
OS9 Level 2 on my CC3 until my hard drive died and took danged near
everything I've done for recent years. I did back it up from time to
time, to a PC until times have changed rendering the newer PCs
inaccessible via standard RS232 ports available on the older PCs.
  Okay, now I know a DB9 to USB adapters are available but I didn't know
a few years ago. So, I missed the boat on that one.
  So, it seems obvious that now is the time to convert to NitrOS9 and
begin using drivewire. This would/should eliminate the need for my
trusty old, 3 port com board I built about twenty years ago, probably
more, as much as I have lived with it and used it for many things.

  Times change!

  I haven't successfully made up the things I need to get the
communications between this PC and that Coco, yet. Time will allow the
remaining steps to happen.

  I'm having a LOT of trouble accepting my disability but, this is the
reason I'm taking so damned long to get this done. I've been working on
this for about six weeks. It shouldn't have taken more that a few days
or a week, tops.

  Anyway, it won't be too danged long and I should begin to understand
all of what has been talked about in recent years after folks have
converted to NitrOS9.
  Hang in there.... in the upcoming weeks/months, I should be able to be
more active on this list. In the past, Danged near every time I inject
some sort of "wisdom?", I've been so far off topic that my suggestions
have been ignored because I'm still driving a 1923 BelchFire Special
when everyone else is driving a Ferrari.

  This message is just an update and I hope to be able to ask questions
that are more reasonable to what is going on nowadays.

  Thanks for actually reading all my rambling in this message!

George R.