[Coco] The New Hires Interface

John Kowalski sockmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:02:05 EDT 2015

That would be about 32000 points, but the extended scanning is not
linear and not continuous between two normal DAC points, so extra
precision is used to mathematically try to map the reading to it's
actual position.  Then that result is scaled down to a useful range.

So it's not going to get single point readings (16384, 16385,
16486...etc...) at 15 bits.  Different ranges might skip by smallish
jumps, others by larger jumps.   It can detect higher precision in
some areas but only lower in others..  Overall, it works well when
scaled down to 320 coordinates.  It wouldn't work as well at 1024 or
greater output.

On 10/13/15, Luis Fernández <luis46coco at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Very interesting, I read complete
> One thing surprised me, get 15 bits would be 64000 ?, these positions?
> wonderfully excessive
> I thought that with 8-bit or 9 bit serious enough pra the resolution of
> coco3
> Anyway, congratulations on the great achievement
>
>> From: zippster278 at gmail.com
>> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:40:00 -0500
>> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>> Subject: Re: [Coco] The New Hires Interface
>>
>> Wow, that’s great!  And all in software!
>>
>> - Ed
>>

>> > On Oct 13, 2015, at 1:23 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > John Kowalski and I have been busy working on the new Hi-Res Interface.
>> >
>> > You can read all about it here:
>> >
>> > http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/nickma/ProjectArchive/hires.html
>> >

>> > --

John Kowalski / Sock Master