[Coco] Wico Command Control Trackball on eBay

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 16:17:05 EDT 2015

One of these - yes, supposedly the last one - is available on eBay for an outrageous price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231715940500?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT <http://www.ebay.com/itm/231715940500?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT>

So, here I am, knowing that when the good folks who are bringing out the CoCo3FPGA get around to producing the analog board to go with it, I will then be able to attach a CoCo joystick (have one), or CoCo mouse (don’t have one), or CoCo trackball like the one I pointed to.

Clearly, a joystick may be the most useful in some games, but for other work, a mouse or a trackball would be the better choice.

Has anyone had any experience with this trackball?  Does it work well?  Is it worth $70?

What alternatives are there out there?  Can one acquire a trackball for some other computer system for a significantly lower price, and then simply change the connector to go into a CoCo?

Thanks in advance, for your thoughts and ideas.

smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira
Bedford, NH  03110