[Coco] RGB2VGA Bitstream - 2nd Attempt at getting an answer...

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 15:22:09 EDT 2015

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015, Cocodemus wrote:

> I'm here! From Vancouver BC now :)

Hi, Luis.  Hope you are settled in and happy in your new surroundings!

I'm still experiencing problems with the HEAD SVN version (r100).  We
talked a bit about this last winter and I'm just getting back to it now.
Something is just not right.  The display is noisy and smeary no matter
what I try.  If I revert back to r52, it's crystal clear and stable.

This occurs with two different Coco 3s here, and with both my original and
Ed's build of the rgb2vga board AND with two different DE0-Nanos.

The latest rev looks great on the Apple 2 with some critical adjustment
(requires a 10-turn pot to get the sweet spot), but this revision:

- Does not have a working feature to disable color

- The scanline effect is much to subtle. Had to look closely to notice
that it did anything at all.  Very different from r52.

Steve