[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 18:00:47 EDT 2015

Stephen... I had forgotten that's why you were trying OS9 LMAO
MShell is good stuff.. once you get the hang of how it works (not hard, point-n-click), it will move files to almost ANY drive system you're connected to.
If you're going to try MShell, all you need is the install disk from my website. Copy all files to the exact same dirs on your /dd drive i.e /dx/cmds to /dd/cmds, /dx/sys to /dd/sys.
To start MShell, just type:
mshell&
Yes, that's an ampersand is it needs to be there. It releases the current shell (MShell doesn't need it) and you can use that window for other things. MShell opens it's own window and switches over to it.
MShell will work with mouse or keyboard.
There's a text file included that explains all control keys and mouse controls. I will have a complete PDF manual soon as well as a newer and faster version of MShell with even more features.

ONE WARNING!!!
I don't know about CocoFPGA, but when I try to run MShell on VCC when the CPU is overclocked, it WILL CRASH.
You may have to clock the FPGA down to as slow as it will go to start MShell, but once it is running it will run as fast as you can go.
This is due to VCC timing and the way it's overclocking works. When the CPU is sped up, the system clock remains normal. When MShell starts, there are 2 'sleep' calls that are clock based and the CPU outruns them when going fast and causes one operation to not finish before and causes the newly loaded module to crash as the screen is not ready.
Try it first at slow speed... then if it works ok, exit MShell (Q) and try again at fast speed... it may work on the FPGA as I do not know if the clock speeds up with cpu speed. If it does, then MShell should run at fast speed.
Either way, MShell will run at fast speed once it reaches the main screen. I don't know if you can change clock CPU speed on the FPGA while in operation (I don't own one) so try what you can.
Let me know how it goes :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/