[Coco] Kipper SBC Update

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Sat Oct 10 14:44:17 EDT 2015

Hi My Friends,

I have found a grave wiring error pertaining to the Barrel Connector on the
Kipper SBC v1 PCB.  You guessed it.  I wired the Barrel Connector/DC Jack
backwards!  Ouch!  My humble apologizes to everyone for the inconvenience of
expended effort, time and expense this has caused.

Also I mistakenly used an HD63C09EP cpu chip instead of the HD63C09P chip.
I can't believe I made those two errors.  I have no HD63C09P chips on hand
so I ordered 10 of them from China which unfortunately will take several
weeks to arrive.  Why China?  They're currently only $2.50 a piece!  In the
meantime, I'll do some more checks on the hardware to make sure I have not
mistakenly done something else.  Once the cpu chips arrive, hopefully we can
get this project moving forward.

Neal Crook has kindly and generously provided a modified CamelForth and an
excellent Buggy Monitor for the Kipper SBC which I will go ahead and burn
into an eprom.  I've been trying out Buggy on my 6809 Multicomp and it is
very cool and feature rich including an inline assembler/disassembler!  Very
cool indeed.  I've been wanting to see Buggy run on real hardware ever since
I found it on the internet.

I'm also happy to report that I have Neal Crooks modified version of
NitrOS-9 6809 L1 v3.3.0 running on the Cyclone II version of the Multicomp
PCB that James Moxham designed and used to sell.  I recently received the
latest version of the Multicomp PCB that uses the Cyclone IV FPGA module and
have begun populating the PCB with parts.  Eventually I hope to run this
software on that PCB as well.  It has a WIFI module!  James has his
Multicomp Cyclone IV PCB updating data on a web page!  Excellent work James
and Max!

I will be getting with those individuals who want the current version of the
Kipper SBC PCB in separate emails.  Thanks to all for your interest and help
with this project.  Take care my friends.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>