[Coco] VCC 2.01 keyboard (and other) bugs

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Oct 10 14:05:56 EDT 2015

Barry, I will check into the 'basic' vs 'os9' keyboard thing... I only use 'os9' so I haven't noticed.

The old level 1 os9 games have never run on Vcc (including 1.42). I have no clue why, but you'll also find that level 1 v2.00 itself fails on Vcc with the same problem... keyboard locks up when accessed. This was discussed a while back (pre-new vcc) and we never did figure out why. Maybe this will come out as we go through all this stuff on the new version. A lot of things are being looked at as there's much more available in VS2015 than there was in VSC6.

I too am finding little 'oddball' things that are failing in Vcc 201. Nothing major... just little bugs. I suspect some of it is coming from differences in the old APIs used with VSC6 and the newer ones used in VS2015. Most likely in DirectX since that is what is used for keyboard, mouse/joystick, and display.

Joseph is currently working on some bug fixes, so this may be resolved in the next release. This is why we wanted this version out as we can't find every bug. We rely on others to let us know how it's working. Someone suggested using a 'test group' before releasing... but I'm of the opinion that if we found a couple of RSDOS game players, a couple of RSDOS app users, a couple of OS9 game players, a couple of OS9 app users some RSDOS graphics users, some OS9 graphics users, some RSDOS dw4 users, some OS9 dw4 users, and some just 'general' users... we've just about included the whole Vcc user base... so why not just release it and see what bugs show their nasty little heads.

Thanks for letting us know... we'll check into it
BTW... there is an "Issues" page for reporting bugs on the VCC GetHub site (right sidebar).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com