[Coco] Just another peek...

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri Oct 9 19:59:28 EDT 2015

Oh and, by the way, I'm definitely not knocking drivewire.  It certainly
has its place and its functions are much more than just a 'disk
controller' but the SD card on the CoCo3FPGA is an order of magnitude
faster than drivewire running at 115.2kbps.  And rightfully so as its
SPI interface is running at a frequency that is an order of magnitude
higher than a typical serial port. It is especially noticable when
you're doing disk intensive operations like assembling or compiling
programs.

Dave