[Coco] Just another peek...

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Fri Oct 9 16:39:16 EDT 2015

The wires that can be added are not a requirement.  The DE1 evidently
neglected to connect the card insertion switch.  So if you want NitrOS9
to automatically detect when you have removed the card or 'hot-plugged'
a new one in then you need the wires.  I have personally run the SD card
successfully under NitrOS9 without any wires.  In that condition it's
best that you regard the SD card as non-removable unless you shut OS9
down.

As I mentioned before the access to the SD card is not yet integrated
into DECB.  The card does work in that environment but you must write
your own 'driver'.  I have personally used code to access sectors
(reading and writing) from the DECB environment.  In fact, I already
have the core of a program that can manage multiple 'partitions' on the
SD card and make them available for booting from DECB.

Dave Philipsen