[Coco] Orchestra90cc files from Da Barn Studios web

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 19:19:05 EDT 2015

Tony, I sent you a reply offlist.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Jewell <tonyjewell at gmail.com>
To: coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 6, 2015 1:10 pm
Subject: Re: [Coco] Orchestra90cc files from Da Barn Studios web

Hi Bill,

Just to give you a little background, myself, Pere and others over at
the Dragon
forums have been trying to get the Orchestra90cc cartridge working on
our
machines.  What started off as a project to change the keyboard mapping and
disk
access routines (alas, still working on the latter) of course blossomed
into
something more complex. Although disk access still eludes us, we've now got
version that works with the internal DAC (as well as the original cart), and

will load converted files happily by tape. We used Guillaume's files, and

they've almost all loaded perfectly.

Of course, we didn't spot the
OrchestraMasterPD disk on your site until we'd got
some way with our own stuff,
so there's a bit of overlap and re-inventing the
wheel. I guess, if it occurred
to us to do in 2015, it's no surprise to find it
occurred to someone in 1985! So
now we're working on combining the best features
of the PD player and the
original ROM - and chasing that elusive disk access.

What we're doing should
hopefully be of interest to Coco users too - there's a
great archive of music
out there, and this should make it much easier for
everyone to access.

The
main thread is
here:
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5416
and
there'ssome background
here:
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5390
Oh, and
my Youtube channel might amuse too
-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN9tjCTkJTPQMWJVHeR2SLw

Cheers Bill - you've
got a great site, and I'm inspired to see what else we can
get running on the
Dragon!

Oh and we worked out how to get the PD player working - you need to add
a A
after the .ASC files, eg:

R ADAGIO A

Tony