[Coco] 512K EEPROM Pak + LCD Remote Controller

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:23:40 EDT 2015

Trying to wrap up this unfinished hardware project and have been writing a
.NET 'Multi Bank Builder' tool to help put together the multi-bank ROM's
that will also dump the bank settings as Arduino code that can be pasted in
and..well, in the process I realized I could not even come up with 64 x 8K
ROMs to even put on a 512K chip :/  Some of the ROM's were 16K so helped
fill up extra space but still only have filled 25 out of the 64 slots.   It
helped to have the BIN-to-ROM tool you guys helped me come up with last year
so I could convert some BIN's but still got extra space.  The 256K prototype
works flawlessly but I wanted to maximize the capability so I enhanced the
design and have more prototype PCB's on order that will support the 512K
29F040 type chips and hopefully allow 'pausing' the CoCo from the remote
controller by use of the HALT line.

I'm curious though, is there even interest in things like this anymore or
did hardwares like the CoCoSDC satisfy everyone's EPROM needs for
flexibility?

- Chad H

https://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101