[Coco] VCC Color Computer 3 Emulator v2.0.1 - Public Release (finally!)

tim franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Sat Oct 3 08:08:59 EDT 2015

   I totally agree. I don't run any antivirus software on my computers. I
   find that AV software does worse to my machines than any potential
   virus can. In fact I read that TRW and two other very large companies
   stopped running AV software for the same reason. However, my company
   still runs McCaffee, which totally slows down our computers and we
   still get viruses from time to time. Recently, one of our Service guys
   got a ransom virus on his machine. Locked him out of everything. He
   almost got fired. If you knew the guy you would know why he got the
   virus. He's just not that smart. LOL

     On October 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au>
     wrote:
     On 3/10/2015 8:07 AM, Tom Seagrove wrote:
     > My estimate is 95% of viruses on a computer are from PEBKAC
     issues.
     > The other 10% will be blocked by antivirus, or you can do nothing
     > about it.
     People spend _way_ too much time concerned with arming themselves to
     the
     teeth with OS updates and anti-virus software, only to throw their
     common sense out the window whilst using the internet.
     If you keep your wits about you, you shouldn't actually need any
     anti-virus software. I actually had updates turned off in WinXP for
     years, though I do have them enabled on Win7 these days.
     Regards,
     --
     | <http://pacedev.net> |