[Coco] CoCoFest! Seminars

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Wed Nov 25 12:18:00 EST 2015

What topics would we like to see in a seminar? Here is my wish list:
Anecdotes about the CoCo era, special speakers, like the authors of the "Underdog Computer" book, people involved in the CoCo industry and other that have something to say.
How to get started with Drivewire. History, behind the scenes look, progress up to 2016, future path, download, installation and configuration instructions for use under RSDOS, NitroOS9 and if applicable, OS/9

How to get started with NitrOS9. History, behind the scenes look, progress up to 2016, future path, download, installation and configuration instructions.

How to get started with LogicCall. History, behind the scenes look, progress up to 2016, future path, download, installation and configuration instructions.

All about CoCoSDC. How to get one, what to do with it, installation, configuration, use, behind the scenes, and future.

All about RGB2VGA. How to get one, what to do with it, installation, configuration, use, behind the scenes, and future.
All about the EEPROM 512K board. How to get one, what to do with it, installation, configuration, use, behind the scenes, and future.
CoCoDuino... updates, possible availability in the future
Something about the FPGA CoCo3. What is it? Is it for me? How do I get one? How do I get started?
The multi comp CoCo or 6809 computer: What is it? How do I get started?
The Kipper SBC, updates, availability in the future

Vcc, history, behind the scenes, future,. How to use it, where to get it, how to set it up for DriveWire, what to do with it. Future enhancements now that the source is available, developer recruitment for future enhancements.

Fusion with modern technologies such as the Arduino and Raspberry Pi, and other SOCs. Peripheral expansion: Using modern input devices with the CoCo.

Discussion panel: Enhancing the CoCo platform with modern technology vs keeping it pure using only 80s tech.

I could go on, but there are lots of topics that would be of interest to the CoCo community..I'll go out on a limb, since I do not know my availability during the 'Fest, but I would be willing to help put together any of the above presentations and present them if the matter expert can't make it to the Fest. If you have something, software or hardware, that you would like to present, but can't make it to the show, I can help you present your item. We can even have a Skype or Hangout connection so that, if possible, the matter expert can be part of the presentation and perhaps answer questions at the end. Salvador