[Coco] OT: Upgrade to WIndows 10?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 24 17:20:10 EST 2015

On 25/11/2015 4:52 AM, Zippster wrote:

> But seriously though, there has been a definite trend towards the
> “dumbing down” of user interfaces. I suppose it’s just one of the
> hallmarks of a mature technology though. What was once a complex
> tool for the tech savvy has been turned into an appliance for casual
> use.

What I object to is the "one size fits all" approach - being _forced_ to
adopt a new way of doing things simply because they're aiming at the
lowest common denominator. There was no consideration at all for the
user that does more than read emails and surf the net.

The dumbed-down interface belongs (and works well) on phones, tablets
and netbooks, where you do most of your work without need of a keyboard.
Having said that, I can even see a trend towards these devices shoving
data down your throat whether you asked for it or not.

Still, could be worse; Google could have bought Microsoft and designed
the UI for the next Windows.

Regards,