[Coco] OT: Upgrade to WIndows 10?

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Nov 23 18:17:07 EST 2015

There was actually nothing wrong with Windows 8 other than the fact that it
tried to change the way we compute too much by being touch-centric (and
more full screen), rather than mouse-centric (and more windowed). Outside
of that, it was as rock stable as 7. The big deal with Windows 10 is to
bring back even more of the traditional type of interfacing that was
started with the changes made in 8.1. Of course when an OS gets a negative
connotation, even when it's not really deserved, the easiest thing to do is
just change the name, which is what happened in this case. The fact that
the upgrade was free didn't hurt either.

As for upgrading from 7, as I mentioned previously, I did that on my
gaming-centric desktop and haven't skipped a beat. There's little reason
not to go for the upgrade, unless you have a philosophical issue with the
tracking (which is of course not as big of a deal as some would make out,
but either way is not something I'd like to see discussed on this mailing
list) or the automatic updates (which I personally prefer).

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and