[Coco] OT: Upgrade to Windows 10? -- Upgrade to Linux?

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Sun Nov 22 11:45:33 EST 2015

Thanks Frank!
I took a Linux course and used CentOS which is what I have running on Virtual Box. I tried Mint a few years back and was happy with it. Recently I got a RaspBerry Pi 2 B, so now I also have Raspian too. The latter is interesting because it comes bundled with Scratch, a visual programming language (ie. you drag and drop program statements that graphically resemble blocks).
I tend towards programming using a client/server database model, but also do some lighter apps using a local DB (such as Access in the Windows world). This is something I would like to learn to do in Linux. I also want to look into Python, Java, and in some remote future, Ruby on Rails. At this point I would not even know how to compare, for example, Mint vs CentOS vs Raspian to determine their differences and how I can leverage their characteristics. Regards, Salvador