[Coco] New project - 225 lines for BASIC

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 22 00:43:00 EST 2015

On 22/11/2015 1:57 PM, Steve Batson via Coco wrote:
> Cool!
>
> Will this be programmed into the ROM or just added in with the CoCo in All RAM mode?

ROM Basic still has many more bugs and inefficiencies that would need
fixing before having a ROM replacement. I'd love to see a project that
recreates the ROM Basic, fixing bugs and speeding up routines as well as
recoding in native 6309 for an overall speed boost.

Sort of a "Nitros9" but " NitroBasic". Any takers?

As is, the patches are to be included at the start of any BASIC program
as explained on the web page.

Nick