[Coco] CoCo 512K EEPROM+External Controller Walkthrough (Final)

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Nov 21 10:26:10 EST 2015

Chad, can this be used instead of a disk controller? I mean burn DECB in a bank and boot from that then use the rest (maybe in banks) for storage  and to run programs loaded into the EEPROM. With 512K there isn't much room, but enough to boot, run something like  word processor, and still have enough room for a good many files, at least a 180K disk full. Along with DriveWire that would be a great setup -- keep 2-3 programs/games you use most in the EEPROM with a little extra storage, use DriveWire for any additional. If set up as a word processor you may never need anything except to print.

Now we need something like an Arduino programmed with a basic print driver that will just plug between the CoCo and a simple USB printer. If it just had a single character set it would fit most users needs -- be able to print a program listing or something simple. Wouldn't be good for word processing or graphics, but a cheap and simple line printer would be great!
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548