[Coco] CoCo 512K EEPROM+External Controller Walkthrough (Final)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 19:22:33 EST 2015

Sure thing.  I will be building them out this weekend and double-checking/testing the latest iteration of the controller design to make sure everything is in order and then putting them up on e-bay.  On the 512K version of the cartridge boards, I have a batch of the PLCC32 version in.  I will also be ordering a DIP32 variant so users will have a choice.  I will continue to build the 64K EPROM boards as well for those who want to stick with those chips.  I have learned that not everyone wants or needs all the 'features' and optional hardware of these boards.  To that end I will be doing 'Cost Optimized' options for those who only need a basic board with jumper support, for example.  I will omit unneeded IC's/hardware and pass the savings on to the buyer.  For those that want the optional External Controller, I will be including the 3-ft interface cable with that option.  I thought about packaging in a FT-232 USB adapter for reprogramming but I'm not sure everyone will want to do that.  I will include one for a nominal feel if requested and I do have spares on hand usually.   They go for very cheap on e-bay.  I figure I would include one with a custom adapter for $4.00.  The custom adapter mates the opposing 6-pin male headers between the FT-232 and the controller board directly without the messy jumper wires normally used on Arduino's.    This adapter can be seen in the photos on my site, just look at the Atmega328 bootloader page.

Anyone who doesn't want to go through E-Bay to acquire one is more than welcome to contact me here or through the 'Contact' form on my site.  I would still prefer to stick with PayPal for funds though.

As with my other projects, my intention will be to keep a very small supply of these on hand and re-order when I run out.  I will also continue to acquire compatible EEPROM's from china and provide them as needed.

All hardware is tested before shipment to include the EEPROM's.

- Chad H
http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/