[Coco] [OT - Sort of?] Sizes of emails sent to this alias

James C. Hrubik, Sr. jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 12 14:21:29 EST 2015

John, as Stephen Fischer replied in response to your original email, that message was just a bit over 5K.  Dennis' response below, containing your original, was just over 6K.  It could be that your email client is attempting to turn the plain text into rich text, or it could be that your ISP is adding some junk to it in delivery.  Based on what I have seen in responses, it takes a humongous reply to bump the additional count more than 1K, which appears to be a minimum reported size for the content of a new message.  Remember back to your BASIC programming -- 1 byte per char -- and look at the number of chars in the plain text of the message, as you noted.  The extra padding is being added somewhere outside the CoCoList.