[Coco] [OT - Sort of?] Sizes of emails sent to this alias

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:46:13 EST 2015

I realize that modern machines have much more memory than legacy machines,
but please bear with me.

I was looking at the size of the last few emails sent to this alias and the
average size was just over 16K.  This means that my original Coco could not
even open most of these mails.  Heh.

But I also noticed that every mail I receive to this list is strictly larger
than or equal to 13K in size.  That seems a bit excessive since almost all
the content in the mail is text, and not very much text at that.

I looked at the emails and it seems a constant amount of header information
is being added as the mail items are being routed around.  In a typical
message, this amounts to 4K or so.

The text of the average of the last 25 mails I received is <1K.

So there is still 8K of email overhead being added somewhere.  Any idea
where that may be coming in?  And before this question needs an answer, do
other folks using various email clients see about the same size mail items?

Thanks all,

John