[Coco] CoCo 3 And The Sony KV-1311CR Monitor Adapter

Joe Schutts j_schutts at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 02:01:11 EST 2015

Hi all,
Many years ago I purchased a brand NEW Sony KV-1311CR RGB Monitor to go along with my NEW CoCo 3 512k PC at a CoCoFest in New Brunswick, NJ. The adapter cable came with it but I honestly have no idea WHO made it. As far as I know, there were NO modifications made to the Sony Monitor itself (either inside or outside). I actually just purchased one of Roy Justas's VGA Adapters for my CoCo 3 although I have yet to use it.
I had asked Roy if he would be interested in the OLD KV-1311CR Adapter I had and he told me that no he wasn't interested in it. But now I see that there is some interest in them so if anyone else would be interested in it, either for mass production of more or to see just HOW it works and/or IF it could be adapted over to either a VGA or HDMI Output, I would be will to let it go for FREE (minus shipping) if I can be the 1st on the list of an adapter for myself. I am particularly interested in a HDMI type of adapter so that it can carry sound as well as video. The only thing I ask is that IF you come up with a design, that you post the schematics for everyone to see...
I think this follows the CoCo Philosophy to a tee... Plus I'm sure others would appreciate it as much as I would...
Just drop me an E-Mail IF you're interested in it...
Thanks...
Joe Schutts