[Coco] Expanding features via FPGA’s & VCC

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Nov 5 06:36:00 EST 2015

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:20:14 -0600
From: Zippster <zippster278 at gmail.com>

I have to agree that the big question is who will write software
to take advantage of new features.

With FPGAs we can implement darn near any hardware we can
think of, but without software… well…

I’m fully expecting that no one will write anything for the FPGA
board I’m working on for the cart port, and that the number of people
wanting one for interfacing projects will probably be something I can
count on my fingers.  It’ll still be a cool project for my purposes though  :)======================================
Well, at this point designing for yourself and maybe adding some utility so others might find what you build useful as well is expected. The good thing about your FPGA pak is it can be used for just about anyting -- including mimicking/emulating old hardware that no longer exists or is hard to find/expensive when found.
 Frank Swygert
 Fix-It-Frank Handyman Service
 803-604-6548