[Coco] Supercomm fails to load on NitrOS9 lvl 2 on my CoCo 3 with 128K, and a couple of other questions?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 10:45:47 EST 2015

 Curtis, it's all there (and more) :-)
The graphics text scrolls are much faster than they used to be. The IBM extended font is in the sys dir and actually looks pretty good. I have about 15 different fonts. I used to have more on my old system, but apparently that disk wouldn't read. I had a homemade font editor in basic09 that I used to create about 30 or 40 fonts of all kinds, mostly just decorative stuff to use on graphics.

And Dave, using a graphics screen on a 25mhz CocoPFGA, um well, that's going to be faster than using a text screen on a Coco. I run Vcc at about 78mhz most of the time (for compiling speed) and full graphics screen updates are just about instantanious. But yes, a 1.78mhz Coco 3 is still a little slow, even with the new speedups in NOS9. But it's still much faster than a 51 column PMODE4 screen was on a Coco2, which I used for a couple of years until the Coco3 came out.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com