[Coco] Supercomm fails to load on NitrOS9 lvl 2 on my CoCo 3 with 128K, and a couple of other questions?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 08:56:34 EST 2015

Ryan, I'm not sure about running Supercomm in 128k, but you could trim your os9boot down a bit and see if that helps. Bottom line... 512k rocks! You can get a 512k upgrade from Cloud9 cheap :-)
Edit: I just tried Supercomm in 128k on VCC with a pretty large OS9Boot and it ran fine. You will just not be able to have any other windows open at the time.
To open Supercomm to use DW4's modem emulation (DriveWire4 required) you just:
supercomm /n<ENTER>.
If your DW4 server has an internet connection, you can then connect to telnet BBSs on the internet :-)

The NitrOS9 L3 DOES NOT work. It is an experiment to attempt to get Alan deKok's experimental OS9 L3 to NitrOS9 and was never successful. Too much has changed since Alan did the L3. Why the disk images are available, I don't know. They should never have been put in the downloads.

The dw_headless disk images are for running the Coco via DW4 WITHOUT a monitor from a remote DW terminal. All of the "headless" build are of such nature. Not usable for "normal" Coco use as you have no display. The DW version will boot NitrOS9 then open an 80x24 text display on you DW4 server. The others will do similar for their platforms.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com