[Coco] The CoCo Crew Podcast - Episode 0 is available!

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Sun May 31 14:25:46 EDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:28:00PM +1000, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 30/05/2015 4:50 AM, John W. Linville wrote:
>
> >I just wanted to let the folks here know that Neil Blanchard and
> >I (with some help from a few friends) have collaborated on a new
> >CoCo-centric podcast!
>
> Listened with great anticipation today and have to say it is very promising
> indeed! And John, you have a great radio (podcast) voice!

I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far!  I have a face for radio as well... :-)

> I'm a big fan of Floppy Days and ANTIC (despite never having owned an Atari
> 8-bit until recently, and am still yet to power it on!) and I think the
> ANTIC format is pretty good and would of course suit the Coco podcast as
> well.

We definitely are looking at Floppy Days, ANTIC, The Intellivisionaries
and any number of other podcasts for what works and what doesn't.
The Intro->News->Feature->Closing flow is a major influence.

> The only disappointment was that, playing the Fahrfall drinking game whilst
> listening to the episode, I didn't get very drunk at all! :P

Yeah, sorry about that...I had to keep Neil from talking too much
about Fahrfall... ;-)

> Very much looking forward to the coming months (and hopefully years) of
> episodes! Now if only someone would do a Model I/III/4 podcast... ;)
>
> Congrats John & Neil!

I would be happy to hear a Model I/III/4 (or even a II/16) podcast,
but I'm nowhere near qualified to participate.  I did initially learn
BASIC on a III, but that is about it...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

John