[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Blank Bruno blank.bruno at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:43:35 EDT 2015

On 05/25/2015 01:23 AM, Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> How do I double-click on a file that's in my $HOME directory? If I put
> the DW4UI.sh on the desktop, I can bring up the GUI, but instance 0
> never comes up, and I don't get any menu. Same if I type ./DW4UI.sh on
> the command line. I must be missing something major.
>
> If I open the DriveWire4_4.3.3 directory using the file manager, I can
> double-click on the DW4UI.sh file, but it just opens in gedit; I do
> have the attributes set to execute.
8<---snip--->8

I *think* that Ubuntu 15.04 still uses Nautilus as the default file
manager. If so, you should be able to open a Nautilus window, such as to
your $HOME directory, and click on the gear icon in the upper right
corner. From there, select Preferences, and in the window that opens,
select the Behavior tab. In that tab, look for an entry titled
Executable Text Files, and select Run executable text files when they
are opened. That should get it to doing what you want.

Long time lurker, hopefully this will be of help to you.

--
Dean
(aka Blank Bruno)