[Coco] DriveWire frustrations

Christopher Barnett Fox cbfox01 at syr.edu
Sun May 24 19:51:11 EDT 2015

Good evening, folks.

I've been really wanting to use DriveWire, but every time I dive into it I run into trouble. On my Mac, it at least works occasionally, but is unreliable with frequent hangs and crashes, and on Linux (multiple distributions, both 32- and 64-bit), I cannot get DriveWire to launch at all. Java exceptions ruin the fun.

So, what gives? What's the magic sauce to get this software to work? I don't own any personal seats of Windows, so that's out, although from what I've heard it sounds the most reliable DriveWire host.

Any decent, up-to-date documentation available on the best Linux config and installation instructions?

Thanks!

Christopher