[Coco] CoCo development

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat May 23 07:04:08 EDT 2015

On 23/05/2015 3:00 PM, Harry Culpan wrote:

> So my question is, what tools do you guys recommend for development?  I'd
> prefer to do cross-platform, writing/compiling the code on my Mac and
> copying it to my CoCo, but I'm not opposed to working on the CoCo itself.

Productivity-wise, I'd recommend cross-compiling on a PC/Mac and running on
an emulator, eg. MESS. With the right environment/scripts, you can build and
be running within seconds - literally. Not to mention using a really nice,
modern editor with plenty of screen real estate. I know I'd prefer to see 60
lines of my ASM source at a time as opposed to 16!

Regards,