[Coco] Multipak and Drivewire

Ron ron at kdomain.org
Fri May 15 17:51:56 EDT 2015

Hi Robert,

I am sure about the RGBDOS in the Distro Super Controller Cart.  I use
that cart, along with a TC^3 controller to access my real floppy drives
and SCSI hard drive.  The DSC cart is connected to the floppy drives
(I'm not using the SCSI connector on it) and the TC^3 controller is
connected to the SCSI hard drive.  I boot up with RGBDOS (in MPI slot 4)
and able to access the hard drive with no issue.  Issuing a DRIVE OFF
command allows access to real floppy drives 0-4.  In reality, I do not
need to use the DSC cart as I'm not using any of it's other
capabilities.  I was going to to try to use the SCSI hard drive access
feature on it, but already have the TC^3 controller for that.

Now that I have a miniFLASH cart, I put that in MPI slot 3 (with HDBDOS
DW) and leave the SDC in MPI slot 4.  Using Barry's poke suggestion, I'm
able to access the DriveWire drives and real floppies with no issue.

I'm going to try your suggestions now, as well, to see if I can get that
same concurrent access with DriveWire and the floppies.

Thank you for all you help!

-Ron