[Coco] MShell

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu May 14 21:47:29 EDT 2015

Gene, DO NOT USE THAT VERSION OF MSHELL
Read the other email!

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
To: coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thu, May 14, 2015 9:17 pm
Subject: Re: [Coco] MShell

On Thursday 14 May 2015 13:52:49 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Gene, I have no
problems with compiling C sources into program
> modules. The extra two bytes
problem doesn't affect this. It's ONLY
> when building the C libraries that
there seems to be a problem and NO
> linker is used at all on C libraries.
Libraries are not linked until
> compile time when used in a module.
>
> These
ROFs were created by the repo version of RMA. RDump will claim
> they are not
ROFs. If merged into a library, then using CK's "lib" to
> split them, it says
they are not ROFs. Again, NO linker involved. If I
> try to use these "merged"
libraries in a C project, THEN RLink will
> also say they are not ROFs.

Using the libraries from online (clib91 and cgfx7) work and compile
> fine.

I have just about chased it down to RMA, but have yet to get a chance
> to try
the old MW rma to see if that's the problem.

How many rma's do you
have?

What I have here:
{t2|08}/DD:vfy -x rma
Length of file: $00005D4E

Module
found at offset $00000000 in this file
Header for    : rma
Header parity : $3A
(good)
Module size   : $5D4E
Edition       : $0D
Ty/La At/Rv   : $11
$80
Program module, 6809 object, Re-enterable, R/O
Exec. off     : $003C
Data
Size     : $1A94
Module CRC is : $7CEF4F (good)

Bytes read    : $00005D4E

And
I just had to fix it with the cp -o, MShell ate it, like everything
else I
copied with it this morning.  V1.0.2 according the the zip file.

> Bill
Pierce
> "Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop going, no way

to slow down!" - Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull

> My Music from the
Tandy/Radio Shack Color Computer 2 & 3

> Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for
CocoPedia
> Global Moderator
for TRS-80/Tandy Color Computer Forums

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com>
<coco at maltedmedia.com>
> Sent: Thu, May 14, 2015 12:32 pm
> Subject: [Coco]
MShell

> Bill;
>
> As I was trying to setup a working c compiler for
testing,

> I first found
> that without exception, every .r file I had, had
$0000 or
> $00000000 ending byte
> sequences, so I am wondering it its not the
linker
> that has developed some sort
> of bitrot/tummy ache?
>
> I have rlink
under both names here:
> t2|08}/DD:vfy -x
> c.link
> Length of file:
$00003944

> Module found at offset $00000000 in this
> file
> Header for    :
rlink
> Header parity : $55 (good)
> Module size   :
> $3944
> Edition       :
$0A
> Ty/La At/Rv   : $11   $81
> Program module, 6809 object,
> Re-enterable,
R/O
> Exec. off     : $001C
> Data Size     : $15BA
> Module CRC is :
> $DED07D
(good)

> Bytes read    : $00003944
>
> {t2|08}/DD:vfy -x rlink
> Length of

file: $00003944

:
> rlink
> Header parity : $55 (good)
> Module size   : $3944
> Edition       :
$0A
> Ty/La
> At/Rv   : $11   $81
> Program module, 6809 object, Re-enterable,
R/O
> Exec. off
>
> : $001C
>
> Data Size     : $17BA
> Module CRC is : $A682E8
(good)

> Bytes read    :
> $00003944
>
> But I see that rlink, probably
courtesy one of vfy's options, has had
> its
> data size permanently expanded by
half a kilobyte.  This may not be
> what
>
> you have, but that last time I
built some c stuff, either pf or
> cntx(5) it all
> Just Worked(TM)
>
> Is this
any help at all?

> Can I see the vfy output on whatever
> you are using for
the c.asm?

> And I have MShell-1.0.2, which may not be the
> newest, but it
trashed
> every file copy I attempted, so now I am having to go
> back over the
list
> of c stuff I copied & redo it with an overwrite with a cp -o
> /path
/path
> But I am out of time, dr's appointment shortly.
>
> Where can I get
the
> latest MShell?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> "There are four boxes to be
used in
> defense of liberty:
>  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in
that

<http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>

Coco at maltedmedia.com