[Coco] OS-9 Library generation

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed May 13 04:42:22 EDT 2015

On Wednesday 13 May 2015 01:20:04 Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> [...]
> Fire me, ban me, or put me up on a pedestle.
>
> Stephen, let me make myself perfectly clear I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE
> ANYTHING STANDARD!!! Quit reading things into my posts that are NOT
> said. you asked what compiler I was using so I told you, now you want
> to make an issue out of what I KNOW works for me... I do not advise
> people to use my compiler system, I just let them know it's there if
> they want to try it. As for you finding ANYTHING on your disks... GOOD
> LUCK with that! I could care less.
>
> Stephen, it never fails, when someone mentions something about NitrOS9
> and you make some form of derogatory comments and start calling names.
> I for one am SICK and TIRED of seeing it. The only person who screwed
> up YOUR OS9 is YOU! NO ONE EVER told you to change a thing you were or
> are(??) using. If you changed something, then only you did that.
> NitrOS9 is NOT OS9 of 1989 and NEVER proposed to be. It was born of
> people wanting a faster, more stable version of OS9, and it has FAR
> surpassed it's original goal, regardless of your opinion of it. If you
> were happy with 1989 OS9 THEN USE IT. All the patches are on RTSI.
>
> I could CARE LESS of your opinion of the NitrOS9 development or the
> people who do so. Until you can contribute with more than bitching and
> moaning about what other people are working hard to do, then I think
> it's best to keep your opinions to yourself. For the most part, they
> are unappreciated and unwanted.
>
> You no longer even use OS9 and it's been how many years since you
> booted up a new version of NitrOS9?..... But yet you seem to know
> every bug that's there. I use NitrOS9 EVERY DAY and compile software
> EVERY DAY, and build a fresh copy of NitrOS9 from the repository at
> least monthly, and feel your antiquated source of knowledge to be as
> useless as a 1939 set of Compton's encyclopedias... Old, outdated and
> full of rumor and unproven theory.
>
> There's a reason you get banned from forums and people lock you out of
> their FTPs, and you continue to prove it just about every time you
> post something.
>
> BTW... "merge" was a STANDARD command on every MW OS9 release
> including Level 1. If it's not on your disks, then you didnt' copy it
> from the masters. "Cat" was available in several forms from both
> Delphi and CIS as well as on the OS9UG disks, it was on most BBSs and
> is currently on RTSI. Cat was a standard on no-coco OS9 as it's a port
> of a Unix command. There are even RSDOS BASIC versions of Cat that
> have been around since the beginning.
>
> Stephen, Get a life, but stay the hell out of mine and my posts!

> Again, I apologize to the group for this post, but I think I speak for
> a few if not many of us. If not? So be it. I would've sent it to
> Stephen private, but he would've re-posted it publically here and/or
> on facebook like he does everything else. So I posted it publically so
> I know it is in full content and not in part and taken out of context.

Bravo! Well said Bill. I haven't seen any of Stephens posts in several
months, he is just a background noise that hasn't made sense, changing
the subject etc and never replying to a straight put question.  I still
see the backsplatter of course.  Mailfilter can be a handy tool. :)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)