[Coco] OS-9 Library generation

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed May 13 01:20:04 EDT 2015

First, I apologize to the group for this post, but it must be done. Fire me, ban me, or put me up on a pedestle.

Stephen, let me make myself perfectly clear I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANYTHING STANDARD!!!
Quit reading things into my posts that are NOT said. you asked what compiler I was using so I told you, now you want to make an issue out of what I KNOW works for me... I do not advise people to use my compiler system, I just let them know it's there if they want to try it. As for you finding ANYTHING on your disks... GOOD LUCK with that! I could care less.

Stephen, it never fails, when someone mentions something about NitrOS9 and you make some form of derogatory comments and start calling names. I for one am SICK and TIRED of seeing it. The only person who screwed up YOUR OS9 is YOU!
NO ONE EVER told you to change a thing you were or are(??) using. If you changed something, then only you did that. NitrOS9 is NOT OS9 of 1989 and NEVER proposed to be. It was born of people wanting a faster, more stable version of OS9, and it has FAR surpassed it's original goal, regardless of your opinion of it. If you were happy with 1989 OS9 THEN USE IT. All the patches are on RTSI.

I could CARE LESS of your opinion of the NitrOS9 development or the people who do so. Until you can contribute with more than bitching and moaning about what other people are working hard to do, then I think it's best to keep your opinions to yourself. For the most part, they are unappreciated and unwanted.

You no longer even use OS9 and it's been how many years since you booted up a new version of NitrOS9?..... But yet you seem to know every bug that's there. I use NitrOS9 EVERY DAY and compile software EVERY DAY, and build a fresh copy of NitrOS9 from the repository at least monthly, and feel your antiquated source of knowledge to be as useless as a 1939 set of Compton's encyclopedias... Old, outdated and full of rumor and unproven theory.

There's a reason you get banned from forums and people lock you out of their FTPs, and you continue to prove it just about every time you post something.

BTW... "merge" was a STANDARD command on every MW OS9 release  including Level 1. If it's not on your disks, then you didnt' copy it from the masters. "Cat" was available in several forms from both Delphi and CIS as well as on the OS9UG disks, it was on most BBSs and is currently on RTSI. Cat was a standard on no-coco OS9 as it's a port of a Unix command. There are even RSDOS BASIC versions of Cat that have been around since the beginning.

Stephen, Get a life, but stay the hell out of mine and my posts!

Again, I apologize to the group for this post, but I think I speak for a few if not many of us. If not? So be it. I would've sent it to Stephen private, but he would've re-posted it publically here and/or on facebook like he does everything else. So I posted it publically so I know it is in full content and not in part and taken out of context.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com