[Coco] Coco printers

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:32:00 EDT 2015

On Mon May 11 2015, abqpenmaster wrote:

Do any of you still use TRS80 printers with your Coco? If so which one?

>    I was looking on the vintage computer ribbons website, and they list
> dmp-107 but not the 105, and the dmp-202 but not the 200. Are they
> interchangeable?  Or simply odd sizes that's not made anymore?
> Asking because I would like to get another printer for my cocos, but don't
> want one I can't get ribbons for.
> Thanks,   Sean Russell
>

>From time to time I still use my DMP-106 (slightly upgraded version of the
DMP-105); on that I am down to my last two ribbons, the one in it right now
I have re-inked for a long while - it has been a long time since I have
done any heavy printing on the 106 so I doubt I would need to worry about
getting a new/old-stock ribbon, something that one can find if lucky on
Ebay and Goodwill or even thrift stores/flea markets.

For the eventuality where I might need to print the next great novel on
tractor pulled fanfold paper, I have a Panasonic KXP1124 workhorse in
excellent condition (years of faithful service) for which new ribbons can
still be purchased, I drive it through a serial to parallel converter (Blue
Streak Ultima) also bought decades ago.

If you're shopping for a new printer try to find something like the
DMP-132, little research I've done seems to reveal that getting ribbons for
it is not a difficult matter, the DMP-132 has also the built in serial
interface for use with the CoCo.

-- RP