[Coco] Desoldering

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Fri May 8 15:14:29 EDT 2015

On May 8, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, that looks like a Hakko knockoff.  I already have a Circuit Specialties "BlackJack" desoldering rig, but am not all that happy with it.  I'm thinking of springing for the Hakko unit.

I have a Hakko 808 (now discontinued) and it is *awesome*. I don’t use it often but whenever I do I am so happy I splurged and got it. I keep kicking myself for not buying it a decade ago even though I was broke & starving at the time just because of how quick & easy it makes removing things. Takes me only a few minutes to remove a 40-pin DIP and most of the time the part just falls out and you can’t even tell it was ever soldered in. Great for repairing since I can rip out a big chip without a second thought, and if it turns out the chip wasn’t the problem, it’s still intact and I can put it back.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com