[Coco] Upgrade MPI?

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Thu May 7 12:57:52 EDT 2015

All,
To go over what some have said about this.
It is both hardware and software based. It takes both.
As Mike has indicated, the Real Talker will cease to function on an upgraded MPI. Why?  Because they mapped the Real Talker in to a RESERVED section of the CC1/2's memory map, which just so happens to be the CC3's GIME address space,  as Robert has indicated. There could be other programs, I don't recall ATM. I at one time remapped the Real Talker and change all of the programs to use this new address.

So if you plug a non modified MPI into a CC3 and execute software that enables the conflict........anything is possible, damage to no damage can occur.
But this is for sure... it is NOT a good situation. Thus the mod put out by Tandy....they didn't do anything unless it was necessary.
My $0.02.
Regards,

Mark Marlette
http://www.cloud9tech.com