[Coco] Upgrade MPI?

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed May 6 21:15:02 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Gault" <robert.gault at att.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Upgrade MPI?

> K. Pruitt wrote:
>><snip>
>>
>> By the way, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck.  I'd really like to know.
>> remember reading an article by, I believe, Marty Goodman, about the PAL.
>> He
>> definitely stressed having the MPI upgraded, but I only recall him
>> emphasizing
>> program corruption and data loss, not hardware damage.  Of course it's
>> been 25
>> years or so since I read it, so I could be remembering incorrectly.
>>

> I don't think there is any way that you could damage a Coco (any model)
> with software. If your MPI works with your Coco3 without problems, great.
> Don't change anything.
> I'm not sure which if any MPI worked with a Coco3, so I may be off on your
> model number.
>
> Robert
>

> --

Thanks Robert.

I found the article I mentioned.  I searched earlier and couldn't find it,
but I was searching for GIME instead of PAL.

It's the January 1987 issue of Rainbow.  Page 98.

Marty Goodman really does emphasize upgrading any multi-pak used with a Coco
3.  Even a little stronger than I had remembered.

The article also points out the drawbacks of upgrading.