[Coco] Drivewire/Superdriver feature request, and questions

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:28:32 EDT 2015

If you're using Linux or some *nix like OS, you should be able to "insert"
the device node in drivewire and talk directly to SCSI devices assuming the
logical sectors are just linear data like a floppy disk or hard drive is.
You could also copy the sectors off a device into an image file with a tool
like dd on linux or win32diskimage on windows and then insert that image
into a DriveWire drive.  You might need to mess with os9 device descriptors
to make os9 believe the "disk" is at least as big as the image has sectors,
but that should be all.  I haven't done this with zip drives, but have with
CF cards and hard drives.