[Coco] Just got a call from my "computer technician"

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Sun May 3 22:24:32 EDT 2015

You lost the time of your live.

Next time, ask the guy if he has the (scam) software for the CoCo. And,
please, record and send to us ...

I'm already imagining the dialogue ...

You: Mister, of course I want to install this software. My computer is too
slow. I tried to POKE it, but you know, a 0.89 MHz is not easy.
Can you help me? How can I do this?
Spammer: You will need to install our protection software.
You: Great! Will you help me?
Spammer: Sure! Please, open the Strat menu ...
You: Sorry, my computer is off.
Spammer: Please turn it on.
You: - OK (a second latter. The Coco boots fast)  - it's on.
Spammer: - You computer boots very fast
You: Yes, is a model 3.
Spammer: Now click the start menu ...
You: Sorry, I see no such a thing
Spammer: What are you seeing?
You: there is a big green screen, on framed a black frame
Spammer: Uh ... cant you read anything?
You: Sure! It reads: "Disk Extended Color Basic 2.0" in the next line
"Copr. 1982, 1986 by Tandy" "Under Licence from Microsoft and Microware
Systems". And OK. Then I see the prompt. What should I type?
Spammer: - WHAAAT?
You: - Should I boot in OS/9?
- I typed LOADM"BROWSER but I for an ?NE ERROR. What does it means?
- Sould I boot with Drivewire? Maybe I need to download it ...
(phone hangs)

RLOL