[Coco] tandy 512k board and the triad board

RJ Lukacs rdelmoko at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 29 09:40:39 EDT 2015

Who has a Crosswords cart they're looking to sell?

> On Mar 28, 2015, at 11:37 PM, Josh Harper via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
> hi guys
> I have a coco 3 with a tandy 512k board in it, is there any good reason that I should replace it with a triad 512k board
Only if you are having problems with heat.
> is it as simply as pulling the tandy board out and pluging the triad board in
Yes
> also is there any games  that will only run on a coco3 with a 6309 cpu
Bill and I did patch Flight Sim II to make it much more multitasking/IRQ friendly,using some 6309 code , for NitrOS-9. Roger Taylor made a special version of his game Spider-Hype (called Spider-Hyper) that added a 3rd chamber on the screen that required a 6309, and Sock Master's Donkey Kong port will slightly speed up on a 6309 system by using the 6309's native mode (as will all OS-9 games if you are running under NitrOS-9). Maybe then programming challenge for CocoFest next year should be to make a game to show off the 6309. :-)