[Coco] RGB2VGA

Francis Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Mar 28 10:45:30 EDT 2015

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:41:23 -0700
From: "K. Pruitt" <pruittk at roadrunner.com>

> In lieu of that, I think a GBS8200 RGB VGA converter will work very well.
> They can be had on ebay

I'm not trying to ruin Kip's and Luis's work on the RGB2VGA board they have been working on specifically for the CoCo3, but I'm not a big fan of reinventing the wheel either. The GBS 8200 is often used by the Amiga community to replace aging CRT monitors (mostly 1084 models, commonly used with the CoCo3 -- I used a 1084S -- it's a rebranded Magnavox 8CM515).

See Cheap RGB to VGA converter - Amiga.

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Cheap RGB to VGA converter - AmigaGBS-8200 So my RGB to VGA converter arrived. I'll write up on how to connect a VGA monitor to the Amiga. Requiremens: 23 Pin D-SUB Female (preferable with a ... |
|  |
| View on awesome.commodor... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I see these on e-bay for around $25 (with shipping added in). There is no case, and some adjusting is necessary. The nicer cased unit that was in a previous post ($89) is also used by some of the Amiga and Atari (ST and Jaguar) guys.
15Khz RGB YUV CGA Video to VGA Converter Scaler
|   |
| 15Khz RGB YUV CGA Video to VGA Converter ScalerUS $89.00 New in Computers/Tablets & Networking, Monitors, Projectors & Accs, Other |
|  |
| View on www.ebay.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |