[Coco] BASIC Week 4 contest ported to the MC-10 w/MCX-128

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Thu Mar 26 15:49:57 EDT 2015

Just finished a hack job port of the program for the BASIC Week 4 contest to the MC-10. I assembled an MCX-128 kit yesterday during a live Google hangout. Wasn't paying attention and managed to put the PCB connector on the wrong side. :-) I love how the MCX-128 allows you to use another computer as a file server so you don't have to use cassette I/O. That was great because I could do my edits in Notepad instead of on the horrible MC-10 keyboard.

Since the MC-10 & CoCo don't have split-screen graphics with text, I simply made the game pause after it's finished drawing and wait for a keypress. It'll then jump back to the text screen, read the two inputs, then go back to graphics and draw. There was also no (easy) way to position the text cursor, and the screen is so much smaller than 80 columns anyway that I just ditched all the cursor movement stuff and let it make a huge mess with the menu.

This version will most likely work on a CoCo. Check it out here:

  http://redd.it/30e9bv

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com